1. Keeping an organized list of all the day’s requirements so workouts don’t fall by wayside. If you can make a list of the things that you have to do in a day, you will be more likely to stay on top of things and get things done. Don’t be disorganized and frazzled all the time or else you won’t get your workout in.
2. Doing different activities and not just one style of workout. Mixing things up helps shake the body up into changing. In my own studio, I teach different styles of classes to keep shaking things up.
3. As cliche as it sounds, finding what you love really does matter. If you dread your workout, you will be slack.
4. Have one cheat day a week. Going out for pizza, beer and ice cream once a week isn’t such a bad idea. If you always deny, you might always fail or feel deprived.
5. And my favorite secret of REALLY fit people: Not feeling the need to be perfect. The most fit people are the ones comfortable in their own skin. They are the most fun to be around, too. Constantly putting yourself down or obsessing about your thighs or competing with the person next to you in class isn’t what being fit is about. Being fit is much more well rounded in mind, body, and spirit than being the best (or best looking).
Get a full week of SBF delivered straight to your inbox.
Video workouts • Inspiration • And more!
No credit card required!